Our Guest Commitment
Your safety and satisfaction have always been our top priority—but now more than ever. We've recently taken additional measures to ensure that your stay is worry-free from check-in to check-out, and every moment in between.
Adjusting to change is a challenge. But finding happiness in change is a journey we're all taking together. Our hotels know you put a lot of effort into keeping your family healthy. And so do we. Now more than ever. With added steps and new safeguards to keep all of our guests safe. The moment you step into our hotels, you’ll see changes. Our staff wear Personal Protection and we have followed the lead of the CDC and the world health organization in putting enhanced safeguards in place. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the buildings and signage reminds our guests to continue social distance. We’ve spaced out our tables and sitting areas and continuously sanitize areas that are high guest touchpoints; like handles, countertops, and buttons. We’ve added new tools to enable our team members to clean more effectively. You can rest assured, we’re doing everything we can to give you a clean, worry-free stay. Because you shouldn’t have to think about the things you can’t see. Just the things you want to.
New Safety Measures
The good news? You can sit back, relax, and enjoy a great stay any time of year. Here's how we're updating our safety procedures to provide you with a comfortable environment:
- Additional surface and environmental sanitizing measures within guestrooms, public spaces, dining areas, conference areas and recreation areas with emphasis on common touchpoint surfaces and gathering areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout common gathering areas along with sanitizing wipes available within guestrooms and at dining/conference areas. (When available, based on supply chain.)
- Minimization of select items within guestrooms with increased “by request” availability. You may see fewer items in your room in order to streamline sanitization practices, however, any items that have been removed are always available upon request.
- When able, increased “rest time” of vacant rooms between departures and new arrivals in order to let the air settle and increase the effectiveness of sanitization procedures.
- Modified stayover service of guestrooms in order to maximize social distancing and minimize the need for team members entering your hotel room.
- Signage throughout the hotel and recreational facilities reminding everyone of the importance of practicing social distancing as well as proper hygiene.
- Modified capacity signage at common gathering areas indicating updated capacity expectations for the ability to effectively practice social distancing.
- Addition of social distancing floor spacing signage at common line-up and gathering areas.
- Modification of payment acceptance procedures throughout the property to encourage less overall contact and less potential for cash exchange while facilitating more ease of distancing.
- Modified regulation of recreational amenities to better facilitate social distancing expectations.
- Modified conference and social gathering set-up abilities in order to better facilitate social distancing – regardless of the nature of the event.
- Increased spacing of seating throughout dining areas and lounge areas.
- Minimization of select service items typically kept out and available to guests. These items are always available upon request.
- Updated menu offerings and serving styles for conference and social gatherings which limit common guest touchpoints as well as the need for gathering in close proximity (buffets, stations).
- Added attendee screening guidelines and related assistance provided to conferences and social gatherings.
- If you feel ill, avoid traveling. Book in advance, if possible. Planning ahead will help us ensure the health and safety of you and our staff.
- Limit lobby check-in to one person per group.
- Face masks or coverings are required at all times in all indoor public places.
- Follow social distancing signage noted throughout the building.
- Pool area occupancy varies pending city/state mandates on people per square foot. Check with the front desk on pool availability—playtime reservations may be required.
- Additional social distancing, health, and safety measures will be discussed upon your arrival.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
For West Virginia-specific information regarding COVID-19, visit www.coronavirus.wv.gov.
We'll keep this page current with any changes that might affect your current or future stay with us. Our property is open with the following limited services:
- Canaan Valley Resort Campground is open, however water and sewer are disconnected from October - April.
- To mitigate potential spread of the virus, only registered guests will be allowed in the campground.
- Campgrounds at all state parks are adopting more stringent cleaning, sanitizing procedures and social distancing measures to prepare for the reopening. To review the Governor’s Guidance on Reopening Campgrounds, click here.
- Reserve your campground site online or call for assistance (304) 866-4121.
Resorts, Lodges and Cabins
- All other accommodations are open at Canaan Valley Resort, including the resort lodge, cabins and cottages.
- Restrooms will be deep-cleaned daily. High-traffic surfaces, including stall doors, toilet handles, sink handles and restroom doors will receive frequent disinfection throughout the day.
- Campground/Recreation Center is currently closed.
- In accordance with the Governor’s Guidance for Outdoor Recreation Outfitters, Canaan Resort remains open as we prepare for outdoor winter recreation activities.
- Guests are required to practice proper social distancing along shared trails and scenic overlooks.
- Day-use areas, including hiking and biking trails and fishing lakes, remain open for public use.
- Visitors are reminded to Leave No Trace by cleaning up their trash, waste and belongings before leaving our park.
Updated: November 19, 2020