Our Guest Commitment
Your safety and satisfaction have always been our top priority—but now more than ever. We've recently taken additional measures to ensure that your stay is worry-free from check-in to check-out, and every moment in between.
Adjusting to change is a challenge. But finding happiness in change is a journey we're all taking together. Our hotels know you put a lot of effort into keeping your family healthy. And so do we. Now more than ever. With added steps and new safeguards to keep all of our guests safe. The moment you step into our hotels, you’ll see changes. Our staff wear Personal Protection and we have followed the lead of the CDC and the world health organization in putting enhanced safeguards in place. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the buildings and signage reminds our guests to continue social distance. We’ve spaced out our tables and sitting areas and continuously sanitize areas that are high guest touchpoints; like handles, countertops, and buttons. We’ve added new tools to enable our team members to clean more effectively. You can rest assured, we’re doing everything we can to give you a clean, worry-free stay. Because you shouldn’t have to think about the things you can’t see. Just the things you want to.
New Safety Measures
The good news? You can sit back, relax, and enjoy a great stay any time of year. Here's how we're updating our safety procedures to provide you with a comfortable environment:
- Additional surface and environmental sanitizing measures within guestrooms, public spaces, dining areas, conference areas and recreation areas with emphasis on common touchpoint surfaces and gathering areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout common gathering areas along with sanitizing wipes available within guestrooms and at dining/conference areas. (When available, based on supply chain.)
- Modified stayover service of guestrooms in order to maximize social distancing and minimize the need for team members entering your hotel room.
- If you feel ill, avoid traveling. Book in advance, if possible. Planning ahead will help us ensure the health and safety of you and our staff.
- Additional health and safety measures will be discussed upon your arrival.
- We recommend guests wear masks while indoors.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
For West Virginia-specific information regarding COVID-19, visit www.coronavirus.wv.gov.
We'll keep this page current with any changes that might affect your current or future stay with us. Our property is open with the following limited services:
- Canaan Valley Resort Campground is open, however water and sewer are disconnected from October - April.
- Reserve your campground site online or call for assistance (304) 866-4121.
Resorts, Lodges and Cabins
- All accommodations are open at Canaan Valley Resort, including the resort lodge, cabins and cottages.
- Housekeeping Services: Our staff will not be providing stayover maid service of guestrooms. However, maid service can be provided upon request.
- Restrooms will be deep-cleaned daily. High-traffic surfaces, including stall doors, toilet handles, sink handles and restroom doors will receive frequent disinfection throughout the day.
- Day-use areas, including hiking and biking trails and fishing lakes, remain open for public use.
- Visitors are reminded to Leave No Trace by cleaning up their trash, waste and belongings before leaving our park.
Updated: September 10, 2021