Own the slopes
Learn to ski at Canaan Valley Resort, the premier ski location for new and veteran skiers alike! We've dedicated more than 30 percent of our terrain to beginners, including:
- Timber Trail, 1.25 miles long and a guest favorite
- Critters Crawl, a dedicated beginners area and trail for lessons (featuring a "magic carpet" surface lift)
- "The Triangle" featuring trails: Bunny Buster, Sissy Schuss, and "B" Slope
January is Learn to Ski Free Month - Learn More
Take the time to learn a new snow sport at Canaan Valley Resort. Ski School will offer a FREE Introductory Group Lesson for skiing or snowboarding to guest who purchase a lift ticket and rental at regular rate midweek, non-holiday (Monday - Friday) during the month of January. Lessons are 1.25 hours long and teach the basics of skiing or boarding. Advanced reservations for lessons are required by calling (304) 866-4121 ext. 2630.
- Advanced reservation for lodging and lesson required / subject to availability.
- Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- Guest must purchase lift ticket & rental at ticket office or ski school window prior to lesson time.
- Offer is not valid toward group negotiated contracts or discount rates.
- Juniors must meet the minimum age requirements for group lessons to qualify: ski lesson - age 7; board lesson - age 9.
Take a lesson with a group of your peers with our knowledgeable instructors. You'll be matched with others of your own skill level. Whether you're just learning the sport or looking to sharpen your skills, this lesson will help you raise your skill level. Minimum age to participate in a group lesson are as follows: Skiing - age 7; Snowboarding - age 9.
Reservations are highly suggested. Call (304) 866-4121 ext. 2630 or ext. 2629 for information or reservation.
Rate: $40 per person
Daily Group Lesson Times (lesson time is 1.25 hours)
Master the slopes in private lessons with our knowledgeable instructors. Whether you're just learning the sport or looking to sharpen your skills, you'll get tips, tricks, and personalized advice. Minimum age for skiing is 4 years old, and minimum for snowboarding is 6 years.
- Private (1.25 hours) — $110
- Additional person (up to 3) — $55 per person
- Half-day Private (2.5 hours) — $180
- Additional person (up to 3) — $90 per person
- Full Day (6 hours) — $300
- Additional person (up to 3) — $150
Note: Half-day lessons begin at 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Full-day lessons begin at 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Introductory Ski or Snowboard Lessons
New to the slopes? Our Ski School offers introductory group lessons Monday—Friday (non-holiday) that are perfect for a first timer on skis or a snowboard. Minimum age for a group ski lesson is 7 years old; minimum for a group snowboarding lesson is 9 years.
- Day lift ticket
- Ski or snowboard rental
- Introductory group lesson (1.25 hours)
- Junior (ages 7—12), $59
- Adult (ages 13 and older), $89
*Please note: We recommend making reservations in advance to save your spot. Call (304) 866-4121, ext. 2630 or ext. 2629.
Children's Ski & Ride Programs
Bring the kids and we'll teach them how to ski and board at the perfect Mid-Atlantic location, alongside others of similar age and skill level. Lesson groups range ages 5 - 8 and 9-12. Our qualified instructors will teach your children the basics of skiing and snowboarding while having fun with kids their own age.
- Full Day: 9am - 3pm (Friday - Monday, Holidays)
- Half Day: 9am - 12pm (Daily)
- Day Lift Ticket
- Instruction by a qualified PSIA instructor
- Ski or Snowboard Equipment Rental
- Helmet Rental
- Lunch (Full Day Lesson only)
Advanced reservations are highly suggested as space is limited. Call (304) 866-4121 ext. 2629 or ext. 2630 to register. Lesson participants meet at the Children's Ski & Ride School check-in desk located on the first floor of the Ski School building.
- A $50 cancellation fee will be applied to guest's credit card if cancellations are made with less than a 48-hour notice
- For safety purposes, helmet rentals are included in the price of Children's Ski & Ride programs.
Canaan Cub Club
Cub Club attendees must be ages 5 - 8 to participate in this ski lesson. Children will hit the slopes with a qualified instructor for half-day or full-day lessons in skiing. *Note: Snowboard lessons are not available to Cub Club attendees.
|Ski Rate||First Day||Consecutive Day(s)|
Mountain Adventure attendees must be ages 9 - 12 to participate in these lessons. Children will hit the slopes with a qualified instructor for half-day or full-day lessons in skiing or snowboarding.
|Ski||First Day||Consecutive Day(s)|
|Snowboard||First Day||Consecutive Day(s)|
Schedule adaptive lessons with our instructors and receive a personalized lesson customized to your ability. For more information or to make a reservation, call (304) 866-4121, ext. 2630.
Rate: $35 per hour
Please note: Availability and duration contingent upon specific equipment/instruction needs as well as individual's ability.
Ready to expand your skiing skills? Try telemark skiing, which combines both Alpine and Nordic skiing. Call (304) 866-4121, ext. 2630 to schedule your lesson today!
Please note: Telemark equipment is not available.
Cross Country Ski Lessons
Join us by yourself or as a group for cross country ski lessons! Our knowledgeable instructors will take you on the slopes and show you the ropes.
Rates: $40 per person (includes rental equipment)
- 9:30 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.
XC Skiing is natural snow dependent. Lessons are based on instructor availability / advanced reservations are recommended. Call (304) 866-4121, ext. 2629 or 2630 to schedule.
Have questions or want to book a lesson?
Contact us or give us a call at (304) 866-4121, ext. 2630, and we'll provide the information you need!
Smart Style Terrain Initiative
The National Ski Areas Association and Burton Snowboards is introducing the "Smart Style" Terrain Park Safety initiative to emphasize the proper use of terrain parks. This cooperative effort with the Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI).