Day-use areas remain open for public use.
Updated May 14, 2020
- Canaan Valley Resort Campground is scheduled to open starting Thursday, May 21 during Week 4 of West Virginia’s reopening plan. Our campground will be limited to reservations from in-state guests only.
- To mitigate potential spread of the virus, only registered guests will be allowed in the campground.
- Campgrounds at all state parks are adopting more stringent cleaning, sanitizing procedures and social distancing measures to prepare for the reopening. To review the Governor’s Guidance on Reopening Campgrounds, click here.
- To inquire about a camping reservation or to modify an existing reservation, call 304-866-4121.
Resorts, Lodges and Cabins
- All other accommodations at Canaan Valley Resort, including the resort lodge, cabins and cottages, are scheduled to reopen on May 26, 2020.
- From May 26 to June 4, reservations will be limited to in-state residents only.
- Restrooms will be deep-cleaned daily. High-traffic surfaces, including stall doors, toilet handles, sink handles and restroom doors will receive frequent disinfection throughout the day.
- Campground/Recreation Center store will reopen on May 21 for guests use and convenience.
- Park restaurants remain closed until further notice. Curbside and carryout services are unavailable.
- In accordance with the Governor’s Guidance for Outdoor Recreation Outfitters, Canaan Resort remains open for outdoor recreation activities.
- Clay & Archery Shooting Range is scheduled to open on May 21, 2020.
- Equipment rentals for park activities, including golf, are set to reopen on Thursday, May 21, 2020. All rented equipment will be properly cleaned and disinfected prior to use, per the guidelines.
- Bike Rentals & Mini Golf are scheduled to open on May 21, 2020.
- Guests are required to practice proper social distancing along shared trails and scenic overlooks.
- Day-use areas, including hiking and biking trails and fishing lakes, remain open for public use.
- Visitors are reminded to Leave No Trace by cleaning up their trash, waste and belongings before leaving our park.
For the most up-to-date information, utilize the following resources:
- West Virginia State Parks: https://wvstateparks.com/travel-alert/
- West Virginia-specific information: Call the toll-free hotline 1-800-887-4304 or visit www.coronavirus.wv.gov
- West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources: www.dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention – www.cdc.gov
- World Health Organization – www.who.int