Enjoy a Safe Ride
We fully expect the 2020-2021 skiing and snowboarding season at Canaan Resort to be as thrilling as ever, but with a few key safety updates to comply with state, federal and industry guidelines. Enjoying skiing and tubing while assisting us in keeping everyone safe at Canaan Valley Resort is everyone’s responsibility and should be as easy as mask-wearing and keeping a physical distance.
Safety Procedures & Updates
- Face coverings are required indoors.
- Physical distance is expected.
- Dining outlets have been reduced by 50%. Limited seating is available and each table will have a 30 minute time limit.
- Chair lift. Family and/or friends should ride together. Lift Attendants will try to keep traveling parties loaded together.
- Ski School will offer Private Lessons only (individual or group). Advanced reservations strongly recommended.
- Rental Shop will be open late on Fridays and open earlier on Saturdays & Sundays. Bibs and jackets not currently available for rent.
- Online ticket purchasing is available, including same-day.
- We will sell snow tubing passes online, in advance and the same day.
This year may look a little different, but the mountains are as spacious and welcoming as ever, making social distance easy. Plus, most skiing and snowboarding gear already keeps us covered and protected. Maybe there's never been a better time to ski and ride!
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our safety procedures.