Own the Slopes
Learning to ski or snowboard allows people the freedom to explore the outdoors, gain confidence in themselves, and develop skills that last a lifetime. The mission of our Snowsports School is to give you and your family an experience to remember while leading you toward success on snow.
Canaan Valley Snowsports School is a certified PSIA/AASI member school. Our approach to instruction and the techniques we promote are in accordance with Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors. Not only does this mean cutting edge, modern instruction but it also ensures the skills you learn are consistent with those taught at almost every major ski area nationwide.
Learn to ski at Canaan Valley Resort, a premier family ski destination with ideal terrain for those new to skiing or snowboarding! We've dedicated more than 30 percent of our terrain to beginners including:
- Critters Crawl: a dedicated beginner area perfect for first time sliders. Critters Crawl features a magic carpet surface lift making getting back up the slope a breeze.
- Timber Trail: wind scenically down the mountain on this 1.25 mile guest favorite.
Ski & Ride Snowsports School Resources: Advance reservations are required.
- Lesson Times: 9:30 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, 2:30 PM (1-hour in duration)
- Half Day Lesson Times: 9:30 AM or 1 PM (2.5-hours in duration)
- Please report 10-minutes prior to lesson time for line-up.
Family/Friends Group Lesson:
A great way to have fun with your family and friends! The Family/Friends Group Lesson requires a minimum of three people. The minimum age for this group is 5 years old. The Family/Friends Group Lesson is most appropriate for beginning skiers and those who need a recap on their skills.
$40 per student
Private and Semi Private Lessons:
Focus on your specific ski/board goals with a private lesson. Our instructors will work with you and your needs for improving your skills – but we will also accommodate beginner students who want more personalized instruction.
1-Hour Lesson is $110 for the first student, $55 for additional students (a maximum of 3).
Half Day Lesson is $200 for the first student, $100 for additional students (a maximum of 3).
- Children under the age of 5 will require a private lesson.
- Children under the age of 8 will need to have a parent/guardian accompany them in the lesson. If the parent/guardian is not a part of the Family/Friend lesson, there is no charge.
- Face masks must be worn. Neck gaiters, while keeping the neck warm, do not serve as a face mask.
- Reservations are required.
- All lessons will meet outside of the ski school office on the right side of the Bear Paw Lodge.
Have questions or want to book a lesson?
Lessons are limited, please call or visit the Ski School Office to schedule a lesson.