Own the Slopes
All Lessons are subject to change due to COVID guidelines.
Updates will be announced and listed on this page or sign up to be added to our email list on our homepage. Be sure to click the "Winter" interests box.
Learning to ski or snowboard allows people the freedom to explore the outdoors, gain confidence in themselves, and develop skills that last a lifetime. The mission of our Snowsports School is to give you and your family an experience to remember while leading you towards success on snow.
Canaan Valley Snowsports School is a certified PSIA/AASI member school. Our approach to instruction and the techniques we promote are in accordance with Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors. Not only does this mean cutting edge, modern instruction but it also ensures the skills you learn are consistent with those taught at almost every major ski area nationwide.
Learn to ski at Canaan Valley Resort, a premier family ski destination with ideal terrain for those new to skiing or snowboarding! We've dedicated more than 30 percent of our terrain to beginners including:
- Critters Crawl: a dedicated beginner area perfect for first time sliders. Critters Crawl features a magic carpet surface lift making getting back up the slope a breeze.
- Timber Trail: wind scenically down the mountain on this 1.25 mile guest favorite.
Ski & Ride Snowsports School Resources:
- Group Lessons
- Private Lessons
- Childrens Ski & Ride Programs
- Adaptive Lessons
- Telemark Lessons
- X-Country Lessons
Take the time to learn a new snowsport at Canaan Resort.
Complete Package Includes:
- Lift Ticket
- Ski/Board Rental
- Introductory Group Lesson
- JR $59
- Adult $89
- 9:30 AM
- 11:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- 2:30 PM
Lessons are 1 hour long and teach the basics of skiing or boarding.
Advanced reservations for lessons are recommended by calling (304) 866-2223.
- Package Valid Weekday Non-holidays.
- Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- Guests must purchase the package at the ski school desk at least 30 minutes prior to lesson time.
- Offer is not valid toward group negotiated contracts or discount rates.
- Juniors must meet the minimum age requirements for group lessons to qualify.
Have questions or want to book a lesson?
Contact us Ski School or give us a call at (304) 866-2223, and we'll provide the information you need!