What to know before hitting the trails
Before you're on the mountain, it's important to know not only what you should expect, but also what is expected of you. To respect others on the trails, please review the rules, trail map, and mountain stats before skiing or snowboarding at Canaan Valley Resort.
- Opening date: Friday - December 13, 2019
- Summit elevation: 4,280 feet
- Vertical drop: 850 feet
- Number of trails: 47
- Number of lifts: 1 quad, 2 triples, and 1 magic carpet
- Uphill lift capacity: 6,000 per hour
- Grooming: nightly
- Terrain park: 1
- Snowmaking: 75 percent of trails
- Average annual snowfall: more than 160 inches
- Trail ratings:
- 20 percent beginner
- 36 percent intermediate
- 44 percent advanced/expert
Your Seven-Point Responsibility Code
- Stay in control so you can stop or avoid people/objects.
- Avoid those ahead of you. They have the right of way.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Before starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Know how to safely load, ride, and unload the lift.